I love wearing dark shades of lipsticks and gloss during winter months. I think adding a dark color really brings out one’s complexion especially when keeping the rest of your makeup quite light and simple. Here are few of my favorite lipsticks and gloss that I love this season.
These are actually my first YSL purchases and I am quite happy with how pigmented they are and how easy they just glide on. I also love the packaging and the lipstick case they come in. Makes the whole process of buying it so much more exciting 😉
I picked these MAC lip-glosses at the Atlanta airport on the way to the Bahamas. They too are so pigmented in color that you don’t need a lip liner or lipstick under. And if your military, you get a 10% discount at MAC in the airport.
My next pick is the Urban Decay lipstick in Venom. I saw this on a lot of other blogs and loved how the color looked on many others, so I said I had to get this. It’s a pretty matt lipstick which can sometimes dry out, but I just add a clear lip gloss over to give it a bit of shine!
So this is my first time purchasing Avon products and I actually wasn’t too impressed with the pigmentation of lipsticks and the blush. I love bright colors as they do pretty well on my skin tone, however these ones weren’t as bright as I wanted them to be. I had to put on lip liner or lip stain before I put on the lipstick. But once the stain/liner is on, the colors do show through nicely.
The 2 lipsticks I got were Doll Pink which is a Barbie pink color and Passion a coral red.
They look so bright in the pictures, which is why I bought them and they do have a creamy finish.
Today I thought I would do a post on my favorite make-up products that I like to use. However, what works on me may not work on you as everyone’s skin types are different and it took me a while to figure out what suits me and what works best for my skin tone. Trial and error usually does it.
- Chanel Vitalumiere liquid foundation: When it comes to my skin, I’m quite sensitive as I do break out easily which is why I spend a lot on foundation. I have pretty dry skin, and using a liquid works quite well. I love this as its got a silky velvet finish to it too.
- Estee Lauder blush: I got this blush in 03 electric pink which is my all time favorite. I really like how bright the color is and it shows real nice on my brown skin tone.
- Revlon liquid eyeliner: For $7 at any drug store, this eyeliner and me have a great relationship. I keep buying this over and over as the tip of the brush is pretty firm when putting it on compared to the thin brushes where you really have to be so careful when applying.
- Rimmel mascara: This mascara is great for volume which is what I look for! Long lashes 😀
- Rimmel Kate lipsticks: If your looking for long lasting color, this is it, especially the red one. It just never seems to come off 😛 ( colors in #08 and 10)
- Mac lipstick: I always have this bright pink in my handbag (Crème sheen lickable) Brightens up my look during the day.
- Cover girl lip liner: Real inexpensive and a good shade to match any red lipstick you wear. (#216)
As you can see I vary the brands when choosing my products. I like to get my foundation and blushes from department stores as my skin is sensitive. But the rest I usually head to the drug store as they are great for everyday wear, you have a lot more choice and more importantly, they are inexpensive.
If you are military, most of these products retail for a lower price at the PX.