I love cooking pasta with fresh ingredients rather than drench it with sauce and all. I love this dish as it’s full of flavor with different colors and texture. Moreover, it’s super easy to make.
- 450 grams (1 pound) fettuccine
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 shallots, finely minced
- 130 grams (~ 1 cup) black olives, pitted
- 3 to 4 tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (optional)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 42 grams (3 tablespoons) unsalted butter, cut up
- reserved pasta water (optional)
- 75 grams (2.5 oz) Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- a handful of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 200 grams (less than 1/2 pound) prosciutto
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, stirring often to loosen up the sticky strands.
- Drain the cooked pasta, but save about 1 cup of the pasta water. Set aside.
- Wipe clean the same pot and set over medium heat with olive oil. When oil is hot, lower heat to medium-low and sauté garlic and shallots until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Increase heat to medium again, add olives, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the diced tomatoes and cook until soft, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the wine and stir until the alcohol has evaporated, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in butter until dissolved.
- Put the pasta back in the pot and gently mix until each strand is coated in the sauce. Add reserved pasta water if the sauce seems too dry.
- Toss with Parmesan cheese and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Serve and garnish with prosciutto slices.
Chocolate covered strawberries are my absolute go-to guilty pleasure. I don’t know why I don’t make these more often as they are delicious and they’re easy to make and look impressive to guests. They’re a quick and fun dessert to serve at your next party!
- Milk chocolate (I used Cadbury’s Dairy Milk)
- 1tsp Vegetable oil
- Melt the chocolate with the vegetable oil in the microwave every 30 seconds until its melted and you get a smooth consistency
- After you wash the strawberries make sure you pat them dry with a paper towel before dipping them into the chocolate. Once dipped, place on a plate lined with parchment paper and refrigerate for about an hour.
When the husband and I first came to the South, we asked for iced tea at a restaurant and me being such a FOB didn’t know there was a difference between regular iced tea and sweet tea, so you can imagine my surprise when the tea I got was extremely loaded with sugar. Not that it’s a bad thing cause I had 2 full glasses of it 😀 Needless to say I was on a sugar high!
Anyway I thought I would make it today since I’ve been craving it for a while now. I’ve made my own adjustments to it, but honestly it all depends on how you like your tea. I know some people like to put lemon or/and mint in it as well, so you can always add it in. It’s just one of those things that are so easy to make you can always play around with it according to your taste 🙂
Things you need:
- Water (2 cups for boiling, and 4-5 cups cold water)
- 6 regular Lipton tea bags
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 lemon
- Glass jar/jug
- Fill the pot with 2 cups water and bring to boil
- Add sugar and stir and then add the tea bags.
- Turn the gas off and cover the pot and let the tea bags sit for about 15-20 minutes
- Pour it into a jug and add cold water to fill it
- Refrigerate and serve chilled
*I always make it in the night so come morning, it’s nice and cold.
Hope you all had a great weekend 🙂 xx