So I’ve been experimenting with Mexican food recently as my husband loves it, so I thought since he’s away, let me practice, so by the time he’s back, I’ll be a pro! This is basically my version of Mexican rice. I kind of put whatever I felt tasted good and altered it a bit to my taste and what I liked.
- Olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 4 garlic cloves chopped finely
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2tsp granulated garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup long grain rice
- Sautee the onions, garlic and bell peppers with olive oil in a pan
- Add the rice and mix it in
- Add the tomato sauce, chicken stock, turmeric, cumin, oregano, garlic and salt and pepper
- Close the lid and simmer on medium-low heat for about 20 minutes.
*I tend to like things a bit on the spicy side, so I like to chop up a habanero pepper and add it in while cooking the onions and garlic to bring out the flavor.