This is always my go-to recipe for chicken curry. It’s quite basic and simple to make.
- 1 packet of chicken legs
- 4 medium onions
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 cloves
- 4 green cardamom
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- 2 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in a thick sided pan/pot. Add cinnamon, cloves and green cardamoms and sauté for half
- Add onions and sauté till golden brown.
- Add ginger paste and garlic paste and continue to sauté for two to three minutes, stirring
- Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and red chili powder. Mix well.
- Add pureed tomato and stir.
- Add the chicken pieces and salt. Sauté on high heat for five minutes.
- Add two cups water, bring to a boil, cover and cook till the chicken is fully
The only addition I made to this curry was I added half a can of coconut milk to give it that silky finish, and I added a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar. Both are definitely optional, but it really makes a good curry.
Serve it with basmati white rice and you have the perfect dinner.